Due to the unseasonably high temperatures of the Santa Ana wind conditions, our district has declared Friday, October 3rd a minimum instructional day.
•Wear PINK to support Breast Cancer awareness on Wednesdays in October!
•Family Conference FREE event to students that are in grades 11th and 12th and their families. There will be Spanish and English presentations available.TOPICS: College & University Options, Financial Aid, College & Scholarship Application, Guidelines, & Career Guidance. Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014 Pacifica High School 600 E. Gonzales Road – Oxnard, Ca. 93036 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST PROVIDED
•ATTENTION Juniors: Those of you were are behind credits can sign up for Adult Ed. Courses to possibly earn up to 10 credits each semester. The deadline to sign up is October 23rd! Please see your Counselor if you are interested.
•SENIORS, if you haven’t taken your Senior picture, please call Visual Photography at 482-3533 to schedule an appointment.
•Students who are employed need to get a new Work Permit. Even if you currently have a work permit that was issued last year or during the summer, you still need to get a new permit. All Work Permits are expired Drop by the Career Center (room 85) to pick up the forms.
•PLASTIC, ALUMINUM, & GLASS Only in the recycle bins. Thanks, SH Classrooms
•Peer Resource will be selling pink ribbons for breast cancers awareness month for 25 cents and will be coming around to your 5th period classes.
•Peer Resource will be passing out cups to all the 2nd period teachers to collect donations for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. There will be a contest that is going on all of October, and the class that collects the most money by October 31st will win a pizza party at lunch on November 7th.
•Volunteers Needed for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society Bike MS Coastal Challenge! Students will be volunteering at the San Buenaventura State Beach on either Friday October 10th (after school of course!), Saturday October 11th or Sunday the 12th. HHS students will stay together and will help cheer on riders, serve food to cyclists, or help out with set up/ breakdown. Hours are extremely flexible – We need people all day! See Mrs. Creager in the Career Center for more information. http://bikecal.nationalmssociety.org
•Port Hueneme Library 11th and 12th grade volunteers needed to tutor students in Math Contact person: Fred, Homework Coordinator, at 486-5460
•Attention Dance Clubbers! There will be a club meeting for all members on Tuesday, Oct. 7 at lunch in room 58. Come quickly. We will be starting promptly at 12:30.
•The Finance Club will have its second meeting and its election of officers on Wednesday 15 Oct at lunch in room 68.
- Dance Club (Kaikaina). 1st / 3rd Tuesdays each month. Rm 58
- Knowledge Bowl (Ehlers): Wednesdays, Rm 27
- GeoBowl (Briggs): Thursdays, Rm 56
- Science Club (Humphrey). 2nd/4th Fridays each month. Rm 58
- Anime Club (Robnett): Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Rm 43
- Chess Club (Gomez-Font): Tuesdays/Thursdays, Rm
- Mariachi (Norwood): Daily practice, Band Room, 330-430p.
- Drumline (Norwood): Daily Practice, Band Room, 315-530p.
- Girl’s Water Polo Team meeting every Monday at lunchtime.
- Dr.Who (Bettencourt): Wednesdays, Rm 30
- Auxiliary/Marching Band (Norwood): Daily Practice, Band Room, Period 0/315-530p
- MESA (Wagner): Meeting every Thursday at lunch in room 68
- Finance Club (Wagner): will meet on the last Tue of the month at lunch in room 68
- Singing club (Jolly): Monday’s at lunch in room P8.
•Boys JV Football away @ Fillmore HS
•Boys Varsity Football away @ Fillmore HS
•Fall Volleyball Classic, HHS Gym SATURDAY 10/4/14
•If you are interested in joining the Cheerleading team, winter tryouts for Basketball season will be taking place soon. You must attend an informational meeting on Mon. Oct. 6 in room 6 at 3:30 pm. If you have any questions you can see Coach Ambriz in room 6 or Coach Kaikaina in room 58.