• Another reminder to make sure to use the red trash cans for TRASH and the blue recycle bins for recyclable plastic and glass containers. Thanks for keeping your trash and recyclables separate!
• If you use the skateboard rack, please remove your lock at the end of the day. And remember that the front parking lot is reserved for employees and parents. Students who drive can park on C Street and F Street.
• ASB presents HOMECOMING 2015, “ANCIENT GREECE”. The rally is on Thursday, Oct 1. The Homecoming dance will be on Saturday, Oct 3, in the gym, 8-11pm. Buy your tickets starting today at the bookeeper’s office. Presale tickets are $15 with an ASB card, $20 without, and will be $25 at the door. If you wish to bring a non-HHS student to the dance, you must buy a guest pass for an additional $8. Guest passes are available in the ASB room at lunch. Guest tickets must be purchased by Thursday at lunch. Guest passes and guest tickets will not be honored at the door.
•All dance guests must follow the school dress code; dance guess will also be subject to metal detectors and breathalyzer.
• Today, all students can vote for the Homecoming King and Queen at lunch in the ASB room. No ID is necessary today. Next week, the top 2 finalists from each class will be presented at the Homecoming rally and the Homecoming Court will be crowned at the Homecoming Game during halftime. All nominees must be in good standing to represent their classes in the Homecoming court.
• The Oxnard Community Emergency Response Team needs VOLUNTEERS. Together with the Oxnard Fire Department, they are having, “The Fire Prevention, Disaster Preparedness, Training Academy and Fair” on Saturday, October 3rd from 10-3 at the new Oxnard Fire Station 8 located at 3000 Rose Ave. To confirm your participation schedule or for more information contact Becky at 205-5918 or email@example.com
• Come be part of a team where you compete without being in a sport! Join
• Aca Deca! You may qualify for 5 elective credits! Contact Ms. Rincon in room 67 for more information! Aca Deca awaits you!
• PEER RESOURCE is looking for JRs and SRs with integrity to be good listeners and have big hearts for their peers. See Miss Jolly in room P8 for more information.
• The Boys and Girls Club Job Ready Club is now accepting applications from seniors for this year. The class meets after school on Mondays and Wednesdays 3-5pm and PAYS $500! See Mr. Thomas in room 3 for more info
•Mock Trial is still looking for a few team members! Please come to room 100 if you would like to join Mock Trial and represent your school!
•The SURF & SKATE CLUB will meet on Wednesday at lunch in Rm 12 to elect officers. You can still sign up … just show up on Wednesday at lunch in Rm 12!
• The FINANCE CLUB will have its first meeting on Wednesday at lunch in Rm 68.
• And AVID CLUB will meet each Tuesday at lunch in Rm 89. The first meeting is on Tuesday. Bring your lunch!
• Girls Soccer tryouts start Monday thru October 1. You must have a physical and insurance or you won’t be able to try out!
•Our First Home football game is tonight! Come show your support and make some noise in the Valhalla Spirit Section! Wear your Red and White and we’ll see you at the game!
•Make sure to buy an Athletic Card at the bookkeeper’s office! For a one time fee of $20, you can attend all HOME GAMES FREE, ALL YEAR LONG! Don’t pay $5 every time you go to a home game; save money and buy your Athletic card today!