IN CAMPUS LIFE:
If an adult tells you the following:
“HATS OFF” simply remove your head wear and it won’t be confiscated. Remember that hats or any clothing with professional sports team logos are NOT allowed; however, college logos are acceptable.
“LANGUAGE” is a reminder for you to be appropriate with the words you are using. Thanks for choosing your words wisely!
“CATCH AND RELEASE” this simply means to have a quick hug so others around you don’t feel uncomfortable.
And if an adult tells you “WALK AND TALK” don’t stop and talk with your friends in the hallways during passing periods; keep walking while talking so other students can easily get where they need to go.
Thank you Vikings for following the school rules.
For the students:
- The Sadie’s Dance, “BE OUR GUEST,” is this Friday, March 31st. Tickets are on sale for $15. Today is the last day to buy guest passes from the ASB room for $5. The last day to submit guest passes with signatures is Wednesday and they will not be accepted at the door and no guest passes will be sold. Please follow the dress code and have your rides pick you up immediately after the dance.
- The spring rally is also on Friday! Come as we honor our Spring athletes and check out our awesome talent! Varsity athletes can pick up their crowns and passes on FRIDAY at nutrition. Varsity names will be posted outside of the ASB room for confirmation.
- Come check out the Mr. and Ms. HHS Pageant on Wednesday in the cafeteria. Contestants will participate in a question/answer session, model evening wear, and share their talent! The winner will be announced at the rally and will be your Spring King and Queen.
- Yearbooks are now $80. REMEMBER THAT YEARBOOKS ARE PRESALE ONLY! The last day to buy yearbooks will be on April 19
- The Class of 2018 presents “A Night on the White Starlight,” Junior-Senior Prom, May 20, 2017. Tickets are $75 now until Spring Break.
- Tutoring by students is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the library from 3:20-4:20. Be smart- keep your grades up! Come in for help if you are stuck on either homework or classwork. Get help from a student who has already or is currently taking the same class.
- Juniors and Seniors, there are summer jobs with the National Park Service! Those who are interested in working outdoors in the Santa Monica Mountains this summer can apply in Room 85. The deadline to submit an application is April 27.
IN SENIOR NEWS:
- Get your Senior quote in the yearbook for just $2! Pay at the bookkeeper and bring the receipt to Room 29.
- Seniors can also vote for the yearbook senior superlatives during the starting Monday at lunch in Room 29. Voting ends on March 31 when the lunch bell rings. Make sure to bring your ID!
IN CLUB NEWS:
Are you interested…The District Farm to School Program is looking for a logo design! The logo should include images that reflect locally grown produce, support for local farms and farm workers, and encourage better nutrition on campus. Artwork can be on any medium and must be submitted by March 31 to your teacher or Ms. Adams.
Have you ever wanted to visit the White House or Statue of Liberty or walk in the footsteps of past presidents or see Times Square? Come to Washington D.C. and NYC Spring of 2018! Scholarships and payment plans are available! See Ms. Burkhart in Rm 16.
If you are interested in math or science and like building things, then consider joining the Engineering Academy today! Applications are available in Rooms 43, 89, and 16; or, you can pick one up from your counselor.
Join Banners Drill! New members can contact Elias Avila or see Ms Perez in Room 23.
If you are interested in joining the GARDEN CLUB, please see Mr. Newman in Room 26.
Club Meeting Reminders:
Oceanography Club will meet at lunch in Room 70.
Self-Awareness Club will meet at lunch in Room 13.
Art Club will meet at lunch in Room 22.
AVID will meet at lunch in Rm 25. Join us at 12:40. See you there!
Support our clubs:
Kona Ice will be here after school tomorrow. Stop by for a cool treat!
The Viking Band & Auxiliary is now selling Butter Braid Frozen Pastries! See one of the band or auxiliary members to place your order. You only have until April 3rd to order; the pastries will be delivered on Thursday, April 26. Thanks for supporting HHS Viking Marching Band & Auxiliary!
IN SPORTS NEWS:
March Madness is here! 3-person teams play will continue in the gym at lunch. Make sure to come out and root for your favorite team!
GOOD LUCK ATHLETES!
Tomorrow, Boys tennis and Boys Volleyball will play Rio Mesa at home; and Baseball and softball will play against CI.