Navy Junior ROTC
Reserve Officers Training Corps
Learn Invaluable Leadership Skills
Learn necessary tools of the trade that empower you to confidently explore a bright and fulfilling future in public service.
Launch a Career in Public Service
The mission of the Navy Junior ROTC Program is to instill in students at Hueneme High School the values of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility and a sense of accomplishment.
Leadership in Community Emergency Response is focused on building the students’ higher level leadership skills required for participating and leading Community Emergency Response Teams (Teen CERT). Teen CERT is a Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) that educates the students about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and train them in basic disaster response drills.
Prepare in the Classroom
Build a strong foundation with A-G approved courses including:
- Naval Science 1 9th grade Navy Leadership/Academics, Military Uniform, Physical Readiness (PE credit)
- Naval Science 2 10th grade Navy Leadership/Academics, Military Uniform, Physical Readiness (PE credit)
- Naval Science 3 11th grade Concentrator 8411, Public Safety Pathway 232
- Naval Science 4 12th grade Capstone 8412, Public Safety Pathway 232
Take what you learn out into the real world and see first-hand what awaits. In-depth immersive experiences may include:
- Naval Bases
- Military Museums and ships
- NJROTC Field and Athletic Competitions
- Leadership and Academy
- Numerous Schools and Community Services
Valuable Training for Exciting Careers
Kickstart your education and get a head start on your career with the help of our academic instruction and industry insight. Potential career paths these programs help prepare you for include:
- Law Enforcement
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- Military Service
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)
- Flight Instructor
- Military Pilot
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- Air Traffic Controller
- Fire and Crash Rescue
Industry Average $45,000 - $65,000/Year
Hueneme Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps
Get a jump start on your college future by earning college credits and valuable real-world skills you can use for college and career.
If you are interested in a career in the burgeoning field of social media, business or management, this career pathway can provide you with the opportunity to build, hone, and refine the knowledge and skills you need to get there.
Earn College Credits
Did you know? Oxnard High School’s Social Media Business pathway merges into these college degree programs!